Here's how this thing works...
1) Include the award logo in a post or in your blog.
2) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog to let them know they are nominated.
5) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
And the questions are...
Favorite color: Black. Really. I like black. And white and light blue and red. But black is my favorite.
Favorite number: 7. In the Bible, seven stands for completion and nothing in my world ever seems complete, so seven makes me feel hopeful.
Favorite animal: I used to really love dogs...before I had three other beings who constantly wanted me to hold them, feed them, take them pee and needed cleaning up after. I still love dogs. I just have no energy for them anymore. But dogs are great.
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water. Can I say water? If water is an unacceptable answer, then my second answer is a Starbucks Grande Decaf 2-pump Vanilla Non-Fat Latte. Say that ten times fast.
Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. Because despite my real effort, I still just don't get Twitter. CSO, I need a professional lesson at the beach this summer.
My Passion: Holy Yoga.
Prefer giving or getting presents: Yes. :) I like presents of all kinds.
Favorite pattern: Currently I have a little obsession going with with Suzani.
Favorite day of the week: Sunday afternoon. It's the only day/time of the week that we don't have to be anywhere to do anything. It's even better when it is football season. (Go Panthers!)
Favorite flower: Daisies. And hydrangeas. And snapdragons.
And now--drum roll, please--on to some of my favorite bloggers...many of whom I suspect will not play this game, but I'm giving them the award anyway! :)
- Simplify Your Life (one of my dearest pals who was also nominated for her other blog Living Life Well by CSO, a blog which I happen to love also).
- Courage & Curls (who I met through unfortunate circumstances yet love that our stories intertwined).
- The Little Way (who reminds me that I'm not alone in the ups and downs of life, parenting and faith).
- Amanda Keen Martin (clever, funny, perceptive, sometimes pensive essays...written by someone else who does not blog as much she should. And by should, I mean as much as I would like her to).
- Tuning This Life (who is very smart and has way better taste in music and literature than I do. She is also a kind of modern-day Psalmist, if you ask me).
- Write With God (a reflective and insightful prayer blog that makes me think, even if it is written by my Dad).
- Pastor Jonathan Martin (not at all what you might expect from a Pentecostal Pastor in Charlotte, North Carolina).
- Your Daily Dose of Chi (fresh and funky health and wellness).
- Brad's Drift (a childhood friend whose adult contemplations make me glad we're still connected).
- My Thousand Words (who prefers to use pictures to convey what's beautiful in life).
- And, of course, My Convertible Life (how this conversation got started. But seriously, her blog is one of the best around).
Go give them some blog love.
And thanks, CSO, for this sweet honor. xo